For when your phone is otherwise occupied.
Your book says repeat for one minute or two. I've found these super helpful.
1. Having a teacher and following their instructions to the best of my ability.
2. Recording my practicing.
3. Practicing with a metronome.
4. Listening to 600+ hours of drumming podcasts. No kidding! Common themes started to emerge early in this process.
5. Travelling each summer to attend drumming workshops around the world.
6. Practicing daily for 12 years. I averaged 7 to 10 hours a week for the 1st decade. Now under Covid I practice 90 minutes plus a day.
7. Before Covid I jammed a few times a week with other musicians. This helped immeasurably.
8. I bought and read a lot of drum books. Add countless hours of YouTube as well.
9. I've transcribed 100's of pieces or parts of pieces.
10. Learning and practicing my 40+ drum rudiments.
I believe that I can and will get better.
David Story, drummer, pianist, qualified online music teacher