These are unprecedented times! As many of you know, a third of my teaching studio involves individual lessons offered online. I run a full video studio with two cameras and professional sound equipment.
Effective immediately, I will move all lessons online until this situation has passed. Though my schedule will remain basically the same, I will have extra time available for when I would have been driving from one house to another. So, there is an opportunity to expand lesson length and/or intensity to keep you or children busy while they are home from school. Given the extra time many students will have, I am in the process of preparing extra written work to do.
How you set up for online lessons?
1. Open a free Zoom account on your laptop. Skype, Facebook, and Google work as well. With Zoom video recording is very quick and easy.
2. Position your device just above the height of the snare drum on the high hat side. Be sure it is on a stable surface.
3. We will spend a few minutes before beginning the lesson to get it all running.
How it works.
1. Just like regular lessons!
2. My demonstrations are recorded and put up on YouTube with a private link sent to you.
David Story, drummer, pianist, qualified online music teacher